Monday, July 11, 2011

Skinny Leg’s Pub and Grill

Burger #32: Skinny Leg’s Pub and Grill – Black and Bleu Burger 6.95$


This week’s review of Skinny Leg’s was number 32 on my list, but the 15th burger I have had this year.  I hit this bar up on Saturday, April 30th at 6pm.  Skinny Leg’s is located at 519 Fairfield Avenue, Bellevue, KY, so it is right down 6th street from my house.  I do like burgers that are close by because this time I was able to get 3 people to come out with me for a new burger experience.  The reviews are mixed and most say the service is terrible.  We didn’t experience that because apparently 6pm is not the time to go get food at an establishment like this because there weren’t many people and it was fairly quiet except for the tv’s.  This is a hole in the wall bar if I ever saw one and it is the kind of place that I would picture where they know all the regular’s names like in Cheers.  It’s not a nice place, but it wasn’t by any means unclean in the seats we took; the bathroom is another story though.  The only place to park I street parking, but since it’s not a busy place don’t worry about that.
Skinny Leg's has some funny legs drawn on the outside that I laugh at every time I pass by.

I don’t have the menu to look at online so this’ll be short and simple.  I started off the meal with the Skinny Leg’s rolls which were recommended by the older waitress we had.  These are egg rolls with chicken, bleu cheese and a southwestern style egg roll taste to them.  I for one am a fan of this flavor, I don’t know what it is because I usually dislike the bastardization of ethnic food, but I like these kinds of egg rolls.  My burger was the black and bleu burger which was a half pound of greasy burger.  I ordered it medium and it came greasy and only slightly pink in the middle, but that’s better than a lot of other places.  The burger had a very good flavor to the seasoning, I liked it.  The bun was soft and full of grease which is always good.  I am noticing that black and blue burgers don’t come with toppings like lettuce and tomatoes.  The weird thing about this one was that there was mayo on it.  Who puts mayo on a burger with a white sauce?  Skinny Legs has a choice between fries and slaw and when I asked to have half of both I was denied, so they lose points on that.  The sides to go with the burger weren’t anything memorable, and I can say this because I honestly didn’t write notes on what I had and I don’t remember the  taste.  That’s me feeling my age! 
I didn't take any pictures this time, so I had to borrow some.

I would say overall this is an average place to stop for a burger.  I wouldn’t tell anyone to go out of their way to have their burger but if they were near there I may tell them to go try Skinny Leg’s burger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment