Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sammy's gourmet burgers

Burger #33: Sammy's Gourmet Burgers and Beers - Sammy's Burger 8.95$

Not my picture.

 

Well after a month of not doing reviews, I'm back!  These are going to be short from now on unless a place was amazing.  This week's burger was the from Sammy's in Blue Ash.  This was a strange mix of a sports bar with a Mexican influence.  Apparently it's owned by the people who own the best Mexican place near my work, El Pueblo.  I don't see a website for them on Google so I'll definitely be keeping this review short.  But really, who doesn't have a website for a business nowadays?  Do you NOT like getting money from new customers?  I visited Sammy's on Friday, April 15th for lunch with 2 coworkers who have been there before.  They said it was good, but never went back, which was the first bad sign.  The second is that when we got there, there weren't enough parking spots even though the place wasn't close to full.  We eventually parked in the abandoned business next door and went in.  It was sunny outside so we chose to sit outside, which is where everyone was.  There are quite a few seats outside if  you are looking for some.  The burger I had, Sammy's burger, was a big burger with a fried egg, bacon, and veggies with Sammy's sauce on it.  The service was sketchy since we got our meals after others that sat down and ordered after us.  The first thing I looked at when my food came was the meat of course.  It was a bit too perfectly formed to not have been frozen and it had no real flavor, which explains the sauce they used to cover it up.  I ordered it medium and it came over cooked with no pink in the middle.  It was slightly juicy still which was better than it could've been.  Second I looked at the topping and noticed the fried egg had been over cooked and the yoke had no runny yoke, like the burger at Black Sheep.  The yoke is meant to give the burger flavor, so when it's overcooked it's just pointless to have on the burger.  As I tried the bacon and Sammy's sauce I noticed a lack of flavor from them as well.  I thought that the Mexican influence would've given the sauce a spicy chipotle flavor, but I can't give it any comparison but maybe thousand island.  I didn't believe my taste buds so i dipped my fries in it for a while and the burger and the sauce were better without it.

So obviously this isn't going to be one of the most memorable burgers I've had, but on the list I am following it is still in front of gordo's and mayberry.  I just can't believe that and I haven't even been to mayberry yet.

If you are looking for a good burger, don't go to Sammy's.  If you like Sammy's then you need to get out a bit more and try one of the others I've reviewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment