Monday, July 11, 2011

Black Sheep

Burger #38: Black Sheep - bah bah black sheep burger 7.99$

 

So I didn't expect to pack 2 burger places into 1 weekend since this is a YEAR long resolution.  I think my heart hates me today after what can only be described as a glutinous dinner last night.

Black Sheep is on the west side in Cheviot so make sure you are prepared for a hike to get there.  Make sure you have a GPS in your car or on your cell phone, because I don't want any 2am phone calls saying your lost and can't get out trying to find this behemoth of a burger.  The Black Sheep was a spacious, well lite sports bar with live music on the weekends on their stage.  The service was sub-par so expect a wait on your food.  This place gets extra points for having their own fresh made and very tastey fried pickle chips.  Also the rueben potato skins were a good app to start with.
The bah bah black sheep burger was a heart attack waiting to happen.  It was an 1/2 lb angus burger with geotta, bacon, fried egg, cheese and other toppings.  The first thing you note when it comes is that it is so tall it is held together by a knife just not to fall over.  The geotta cut almost as thick as the burger so it's ginormous with all the rest of the toppings.  The fried egg was cooked to perfection with my yoke running down onto my plate.  There was no clean way to eat this thing, so don't bring a first date here.  The bacon was very crisp and awesome.  The burger was not as fresh looking or tastey as the burger last night from 915 pub in KY.  It does get bonus points because it is truly a Cincinnati burger and there are so many distinct flavors as you eat it, they don't all over power the others.  Also, there was no healthy side item, but they had sweet potato fries which I love, so again bonus points.  This is such a massive meal that I didn't even want to drink my beer after eating.
My friends had a blue cheese burger which they said was just far too salty to enjoy, so don't get that one. I tried it and I just expected more flavor from the cheese and less salt.

My next burger will be at lunch this week somewhere around Blue Ash.  Now, I am off to the gym to work this groggy feeling off.

 
This isn't my picture but imagine this with geotta!

No comments:

Post a Comment